A New World of Adventure: Where Am I?
Dear Internet: I've been gone for so long.
The last year has been a whirl-wind of hard, The Blonde Wanderlust is about to hit its first birthday, and just like a 12 month-old, I've spent the year in bed, crying, and eating excessive amounts of applesauce.
My life of urban adventure came to a crashing halt when my body called a serious time-out #lymediseaseproblems. Months of doctors appointments later, I hung my bike in the garage, got a PICC line installed in my arm, and found a mess of new friends taking their lives back from disease.
I've never been crazy about the "this is how hard my life is," stories. It's not anyone else's business and I don't want to add to the burden and chatter clouding our brains, but, in the spirit of living adventurously, I'm changing my outlook.
By giving up my time in the outside world, I'm discovering a whole new world on the inside.
- I'm learning to let go. My phone goes unanswered. My friends and clients are confused--I take days to answer text messages, but that's okay. I think the only urgency is this moment.
- Meditation has become my new best friend. Everything from work stress to chronic anxiety is made better by just making a little space for my brain.
- I'm rediscovering loneliness, and how to relish in it.
- "No." is almost as easy to say as "yes". Almost.
- Values and priorities--what are they? What order are mine in? Is there some sort of multiple choice test for these answers?
- I'm learning to give myself a break. No one will ever be as hard on me as I am on myself. (Not even you, mom.)
So, what does this all mean for The Blonde Wanderlust?
This blog began as a chronicle of taking my life back. While I was busy waiting for adventures to write about, a whole new adventure happened. So, I'm back, here to chronicle about a greater sense of adventure--the inner and outer adventure of finding my way through heath, wellness, and the redwoods through an intentional life.
So, who's with me?